Monday, January 23, 2012

MAYBE, he does actually listen

So we have this creature who lives with us, but doesnt really live with us.  He lives in his own little world and only every so often does he venture into ours.

I just know if we could all live in his world, then everything would be great!.  But the problem is, we dont, we live here and he floats back and forth  (maybe like that guy from The Traveler series of books, although when M is in his own little world, he doesnt look like he's sleeping, He looks like he is there paying attention to what is going on, he just isnt)

Of course, I am talking about my child, my offspring, my boy,

and again the problem being, when he is in his own little world, he pays no attention to ours,

and I get frustrated...

and thats not good, I dont like to be frustrated,

and M doesnt like me to be frustrated

and E doesnt like me to be frustrated

and Domino, we actually he doesnt care

ANYWAY,

but every now and then, he really surprises me.

The other day E comes home from work and M asked him how his day was.  E replied that he spent almost all of the day working on Japan.  M's response was,  "How is the UFC event going"

HMM,  comprehension, retention of previous mentioned facts, the cognitive ability to tie it all together...

HMMMM

Then, when I picked M up from school on Wednesday, I told him that E had to go to Austin on a emergency and I wasnt sure when he was going to come home.  M's response...   "What happened at Longhorn?"

HMMM,  yet again, comprehension, retention of previous mentioned facts, and cognitive ability to tie it all together...

hmmm, again.


This creature will definitely need further study.

Deb

No comments: