Monday, January 16, 2012

Crazy, Busy, Hectic, but FUN weekend

As usual, our weekend was pretty crazy.

Friday I was in Corpus working, came home late that night.  E and M went running around trying to find B a Christmas present  (yes, a Christmas present, bear with me here) and were also picking up supplies for a project M has to do for school.

When I land I get a note from E that said they struck out on the present for B and that "when you see the Styrofoam ball, its all M's fault"  Hmm, thats not good either way around.  The project for M is he has to do a thing on a planet.  He picked Jupiter.  E and M went to Hobby Lobby  (I know, that place is always a zoo and too many crazy people there, think I would rather go to wally world than there, and thats saying something) to get poster board and a styrofoam ball to paint like Jupiter.

When I got home I saw the ball and got the story.  M decided that since Jupiter was the biggest planet, well then he should get the biggest ball, which is 10"  All i thought was, thats a lot more to paint!

Saturday morning we stopped at a couple of estate sales looking for a piece of furniture I want  (no, I am not sharing what yet, you will find out when I find one and not a minute sooner!) but we found nothing, so we headed over to JP's.  Edd worked on mounting some AC registers for her.  (Yes, it was harder than it looks, he had to build a whole thing and all, point is, it was hard and just "looks" easy.

Also worked on her storm door which quit working that morning.  We were not planning on working and running, but while we were there I got an e-mail that said M had practice that day, WHAT?  since when?  Well apparently since right then.  Luckily we were able to get done at JP's just in time to run home, have M change, grab a snack and get to the field right on time, which means we were late, because if you are on time, your late...  Never mind, you wouldnt understand.

Well while M was running circles around the field, E and I went to Target to see if we could find the present M wanted to get Brandon.  I got the whole story about how the 2 stores they drove to the night before had a terrible selection of NERF guns, which is of course what M wanted to buy Brandon, and etc, etc.  Well we walked in Target and walked in and E picked up a gun and said, this is it!.  Apparently this Target had more stock than the ones by us.  That was good because that let us get in and out of there quickly.

So we get back in time to pick up M after he was out of breath from running around the bases 14 times, or something like that, run to Bass Pro to pick up some ammo since E has shot almost all we have for M's new gun, and we were off to see B.

We ended up eating with T&T&M&B at Chicken Express (dublin Dr Pepper, get it while you can!) and then going to B's roundball game, which they barely won, and then back to exchange Christmas presents, hang out and play with the dog, and watch the Pats beat up on Denver.  Oh it was so sad, sorry Tebow!

At some point, late in the evening, we went home and had some time with our heads laying on a soft pillow, but a very short amount of time later, we were up, had our Bacon  (it was Sunday, had to have Bacon or the dog would have had a COW) and were at K's to work on her Kitchen.

Sunday morning, her kitchen looked something like this.

By the time we were done, it looked like this.

This is only step one in the process, but we did manage to complete step 1 at least.

After that we went home and got cleaned up, got M dressed and went to practice.

Wow, I thought I was tired enough after the weekend, I think I'm even more tired after running through it again....

Anyway, its nice to get back to work so I can get some rest  :)

Deb

No comments: