Monday, February 06, 2012

This aint my first Rodeo

As a family tradition, my dad gets tickets to the FWSSR and we go each year

(thats the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo for ya'll non rednecks out there)

My aunt and uncle come in from the farm and go, our family goes, my sister's family goes, my dad goes, everybody goes...  and a good time is had by all.

We end up going over in the morning so we can wander through and look at cool things for sale, and cows, and horses, and sheep, and goats, and chickens, and bunnies, and....  (my uncle even bought a couple of bulls while he was there)

Here's some of our family watching G riding a pony


whats hard to believe, is the one on the left is my 10 year old child!

Here's G riding the pony


ok, now look at this picture...

see the ponies Butt in the left hand side of the picture?  someone colored a white pony PINK!!

that is so many kinds of wrong....  anyway

our view of the Rodeo.


The opening ceremony

It was a good rodeo,  only cowboys who did well were the Team Ropers, everyone else, the animal won, Bull riders were 9-2  (bulls winning)  A good show none the less!

If I can get on a soap box for a minute...  It is nice going to a event where people putting on the event and the people attending the event are proud of America.  This is someplace where when the American flag went by you, people stood and removed their hats.  When the riders went by the American flag, they removed their hats.  Its a show of respect that just isnt around anymore, and I enjoyed it.  Sang the national anthem and said a prayer too...  Hmm, why is that so refreshing?

ok, getting down off the soap box..

BTW, my husband said to me when we parked that there were more Chevy Tahoe's in the parking lot than any chevy dealership in Texas...

just a fun quote to share with people...


Deb

No comments: