Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Projects

Our house, as I'm sure most houses are, is in a constant state of projects and renovations.  We've done quite a few projects in this house and still have more to do.  We are in the process of adding a direct vent gas fireplace to the master bedroom.  But, that's way above my skill level and not something I can work on while the LOML is off working in Orlando.

So, during these extended trips I usually let my mind wander and decide on a project I can do or get started on.  This is usually much to the LOML's frustration and often amusement.  See prior post about trim in the bathroom...  This time I took on something I KNEW I could get accomplished.  Our house was built in approximately 1994 and, at the time, the popular decorating style for hardware was bright brass.  Of course bright brass has fallen out of style and, in my opinion, is just plain ugly.  I worked on the downstairs bath and replaced the knobs and towel holders there a couple of years ago.  A few months ago I started on the family room by repainting.  I know, I know, get to the point.... well this weekend I replaced all of the door hardware in the family room and kitchen.  I think it looks 20x better!  Here is a before and after pic.



Deb

No comments: