Friday, March 22, 2013

Phoenix Condo

In looking for a place to hang our hat in Phoenix I tried several different avenues and talked to a lot of different people.  We wanted a house so we'd have the convenience of multiple bathrooms, a kitchen and a real place to relax with elbow room.  The 1st place I tried wanted $4,000 for the 5 nights, uh, I don't think so.  The next place $3,000, better but uh - no....  I tried a few more with similar results and was starting to look at hotel options while waiting on responses to my queries on vrbo when I finally got a response I could live with.  It was a condo, not a house, in North Scottsdale.  A little out of the "target area" I was looking for but it looked nice and the price was reasonable and, even better, he was willing to rent it to us for the 5 nights!!  SCORE!

It was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 story condo.  One thing  you learn quickly looking in Phoenix for rentals is they are overrun with condos.  All of those winter folks getting away I guess.  Benefit for us was that this community wasn't on a golf corse or next to Old Town Scottsdale so much more in our price range.    Here are the photos of the place, excuse the mess, it was move out day - I really should remember to take pics when we come in a place and it's nice and neat and tidy and not as we're on our way out when it looks like it's been hit by a tornado...

Master bedroom


Master bath with separate shower and huge closet, not that we needed the closet.



Balcony off master bedroom


 M's Room

M's bathroom

M's room again, note he has his own tv which, of course, meant as soon as we got home he ran up to his room and we didn't see him again until morning.... he's now on the war path to get a tv in his room - NOT.

View looking into living room from stairs.


The 3rd bedroom, downstairs.

Patio downstairs


Dining room, kitchen

Living Room from dining room

Downstairs 1/2 bath

Kitchen with a laundry area between it and garage

It was very comfortable and had all the conveniences we could want.  We made a trip to the store and fixed dinner one night, took lunch to the ballpark a couple of days.  If you're planning a trip to Phoenix let me know and I'll get you the contact information for the couple that own the place.  They were very easy to work with and reasonable with everything!!  Which reminds me, I need to go leave them a review on VRBO...

Deb

No comments: