Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Family Pictures

I used to have a rule and the rule was we got family pictures made at least once a year, usually in the Fall.  This rule was fairly easy to follow as long as the boy was small and agreeable.  Then he got older and it got harder and he became less agreeable.  Then our photographer "retired" and went on to other things.  Then life got in the way and the next thing I knew it had been 3 years since we'd had family pictures.  So I set out last year and found a new family photographer.  The boys like her so it makes things a little easier.  But, no surprise I'm sure, this year when I mentioned it was time again for family photos I got some push back.  But, I held firm and insisted since the boy has grown SOOOOOO much in the last year, these are things the family pictures are meant to capture.

So, a couple of weeks ago we had our appointment with Kelly and, of course, we got our baseball schedule with games scheduled for 11 and 1 with our picture appointment set for 4... hmmmm, this could be a problem.  But, again, I held firm and determined and said we are going to make it work.  It was a challenge for sure but we made it work!!!  So, two years in a row we have stuck to the rule and have new family pictures to show for it.  Are you ready to see them?  I know, the suspense is killing you....


Did I mention Kelly has a thing for feet?  She swears its not a fetish but I'm beginning to wonder.  I think there's an argument there to be made.  Maybe next time she'll take pictures of something other than our shoes.  Oh, and that reminds me, I really need to get the boy some new shoes, I think he's worn those out.

Deb

No comments: