Sunday, April 19, 2009

Painting Project

My painting project. Well, for those of you who know, I've been in the process of repainting our "study". I decided a long time ago on red. It took months, which Edd will verify, for me to pick the right red. And, about 6 or 8 weeks ago I started painting. I know you'll think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. Turns out in addition to the tinted primer I ended up with 5 or 6 coats of paint to get the color to be consistent across the wall. It has been a slow and pain-staking process. But, I'm proud to say, I put the final coat of red on the wall in the study today. Here is a picture of the red where it looks best, in contrast to our bookshelves.



I'd like to say I'm done with red but the total idea was to also do the walls in the adjoining dining room at least below the chair rail. It may take me a year to get all of that done. Stay tuned. For now, the house is a wreck with furniture and stuff everywhere but at least the ladder is out of the study and the floor is not covered in painting tarps (thanks Edd).


Deb

No comments: